Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thanks for watching

The wonder of a blog is that you start getting involved in this other world of online communities. What was a fairly inhospitable domain three years ago when I first started my blog (see the frustration I had on not being able to include a comments field) is now both incredibly easy to use and monitor.

Blogger allows me to receive an e-mail when I post something or someone posts a comment. And I was about to see if I could figure out a way to create an e-mail list that would "push" a copy of my blog posts to subscribers.

But today I discovered there is a wonderful thing called RSS - and so you can monitor the site for new posts. I'm going to learn more about it - but the Site Feed that you would point your RSS to is the "Site Feed" now included in my links list (at least that's how I think it works).

That means irregular posters like me can still draw an audience. Very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An interesting post about blogging and community to

http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/monkeybites/index.blog?entry_id=1461858

about the influence of bloggers on the larger news stream. Bloggers are not only staking a claim as information trendsetters on the web, but they are also dictating the directions that conversations take in society.

The Guardian item linked to in that post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1755630,00.html notes that

While most bloggers only write for small audiences, they can sometimes achieve wider fame or become the focus of consumer campaigns.

So keep it up David - fame awaits!

C