Thursday, January 20, 2011

Column 8

As a blogger I get to publish whatever I like. But it is still rewarding when someone else publishes something - no matter how small.

Letters to the editor at the SMH are relatively simple - though my publication record isn't what it used to be. My most recent was a very short one on 24 December. (Actually the editor got into trouble for that as it was jointly signed by Margaret and I, but only my name appeared even though the letter used the first person plural pronoun.)

Column 8 is far harder, an event achieved yesterday. To save you following the link:

''The Australian Communications Industry Forum went one better than the BBC; it actually formed a committee called the Electronic Information Exchange (Inter-Operator), or EIE(IO),'' writes David Havyatt, of Eastwood (Column 8, Friday). ''The first person nominated to serve on the committee was a Mr McDonald. You reported this in March 2003 as possibly an urban myth. I can assure you it wasn't. I was the chair of the committee. But yes, Mr McDonald sent a delegate to the meetings.''

Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: