Friday, May 22, 2009

Economic Impacts

Access Economics has recently released reports for IBM and Telstra on the economic impacts of "intelligent technlogies" and "high-speed broadband" respectively.

Question: Do these studies measure the same benefit or do they measure different benefits?

Hopefully over the weekend I'll work out the answer. If anyone else knows please post a comment.

UPDATE (Monday 25 May). I've been assured the two papers don't double count. In fairness I thought I'd also link to a CIE presentation on the same subject.
(Perhaps unrelated on the piece of paper I found the reference to that paper on I found these definitions;
Monopoly - one person makes a lot of money
Duopoly - two people make a lot of money
oligopoly - one person makes a lot of money and the rest spend their margins on marketing

No comments: