Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Stupid stupid story

The 7pm Project just did a story on people "waking up" during surgery.

Their vox pop was a person who says she was aware during her cataract surgery, and that she just saw lights.

Well, she clearly didn't listen beforehand. My anaesthetist for both my cataract surgeries told me that I wasn't going to be fully asleep, might be aware and would see lights.

In my first I indeed did so, and even commented that it was like a 1960s light show. No pain no nothing much.

Having them draw on my eyeball to put the lens in right way up was spookier than the light show.

Mind you nowhere near as bad as Today Tonight, trying to claim the ACMA Reconnecting the Customer report as if it was their research, a whole segment that just said that Foster might be behind the slimming spray (the only evidence for which was denials) and then did a whole sement talking about a new "star" that was just cross-promotion of Australia's Got Talent.

We deserve better.

Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: