Friday, October 14, 2011

Berating telcos

Today I again use my iTnews column to berate Australia's telcos.

This time I've used Steve Jobs to try to analyse what a truly customer focused telco would look like.

I really feel for all my colleagues in the corporate affairs and regulatory space because they cop the brunt of the commentary from the ACMA, ACCAN, the TIO and Minister about the need to improve customer service, but don't control any of it.

The people who do control it are in denial. The marketers believe they are competing on service, the customer service managers are focused on answering the phones quickly and the IT guys think they are being forever asked to change the systems for some new customer friendly tweek.

I'm going to keep banging on about it till the telcos show more signs of the need to do more things collectively. It won't win me any friends.

Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: