Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cities

The Australian Government released its State of Australian Cities 2011 report today.

Despite the comment that;

Analysis shows a strong positive correlation between cities with robust information and communications technology and strong intellectual assets.

The word "broadband" seems to only appear twice in the report, both times in reference to a ranking of Sydney in a PWC report.

What hope is there for public understanding of the importance of broadband if in can receive such scant treatment in a 257 page report issued by the Department of Infrastructure?

I think this reflects the comment I made way back in May that the Government as a whole doesn't seem to get the whole Digital Economy thing.....

(Note. I'm happy to be corrected if I've misrepresented the report. I did rely on a simple search for the word "broadband").

Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: